Saturday, December 9, 2017

Should I Buy Life Insurance from Work?


I have life insurance available through my employer, should I take the coverage?

Yes, if it's fully paid for by your employer, take the life insurance - this is usually referred to as basic life insurance - an amount which is usually 1 to 2 times your annual salary, and fully paid for by the employer.

They may also offer supplemental life insurance which you pay for, and you select how much coverage you add to your employer provided plan.

However, keep in mind, this coverage does not follow you if you leave your employer, or get fired.

You may want to consider your own, individual life insurance policy you purchase outside of your work provided plan.

That way, if you leave your current employer for any reason, you still have life insurance.

Learn more about "Should I Buy Life Insurance from Work?"

No comments:

Post a Comment