Thursday, September 20, 2018

Can I Buy Life Insurance on My Grandfather?


I'm worried my grandfather doesn't have enough saved to pay for his funeral one day.

Can I get a life insurance policy on him?

Yes, adult grandchildren may purchase life insurance on their grandparents, because there exists an Insurable Interest between them and their grandparents. Insurable interest is required in order to buy life insurance on someone else.

And, many adults do buy life insurance on either their parents or grandparents in order to make sure their are funds available to cover the cost of final expenses for the grandparents.

It's a way of planning responsibly for the inevitable, especially if your grandfather is on a fixed income, living month-to-month on his social security benefits.

Here's how to learn more about how to get life insurance on your grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment